RoHS II FAQ
2. What changes under RoHS II regulations?
There are a few substantial changes for manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) under RoHS II. The important differences between RoHS I and RoHS II are in the following areas:
- RoHS II defines a gradual extension of the requirements to all electrical and electronic equipment (EEE), cables and spare parts with a view to full compliance by July 22, 2019.
- RoHS II clarifies important definitions (Article 3) such as “homogeneous material.”
2. Restriction of new substances
- The Commission will review the list of restricted substances by July 2014, and periodically thereafter.
- RoHS II defines clearer and more transparent rules for granting, renewing or deleting exemptions.
4. Coherence with other EU legislation:
- RoHS II is part of a new legislative framework. In particular, this affects CE marking and Declaration of Conformity (including the harmonized standard EN 50581).